1. What Information We CollectInformation you provide. You are not required to create a SmokingNoMore.info account to gain access to many areas of SmokingNoMore.info. If you do create an account, we ask for certain information to process your registration, including full name, email address and password. If you subscribe to a paid account, we request additional information, including your payment method details.
To help personalize your experience, we may also ask for certain, limited demographic information, including your first name, gender, date of birth and education level. Providing most of this information is optional. We also allow you to upload a photo of yourself and select your preferences for training, language, and receiving email communications. If you sign in to SmokingNoMore.info using your Facebook or other third party credentials, we will use that service to authenticate you. We may also collect other information that you have agreed may be provided by that third party, such as your username, name, e-mail address, date of birth and gender. We collect this information so that it can be used for the purposes explained in this Policy.
We may supplement the information you provide to us with additional information gathered from other sources, such as publicly available information.
Data we collect. In addition to the information you provide to us, when you use SmokingNoMore.info, we may also automatically collect and store information about the computer, mobile device, or other devices you use to access SmokingNoMore.info and about how you use SmokingNoMore.info. For example, we collect and store data about the courses and assessments your take. We may also collect and store information such as your browser type, IP address, language, operating system, unique device identifier, the date and time of your visit, the pages you view and the websites you visited immediately before and after visiting SmokingNoMore.info.
The third-party advertising and analytics companies with whom we or our advertisers partner, including Google, may place a unique cookie or utilize similar technologies on your browser in order to collect non-personal information about your visits to SmokingNoMore.info. If you would like more information about this practice and how to control how this information is used by these companies, please visit the following links:
2. How We Use Your Information at SmokingNoMore.infoWe use the information we collect to operate and provide you with SmokingNoMore.info products and services. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Authenticating your login and processing your payments;
- Personalizing your SmokingNoMore.info experience and customizing your training program;
- Allowing you to monitor your performance and progress in SmokingNoMore.info, by, for example, presenting charts, scores, and graphs of your assessment scores to you;
- Customizing and delivering information about our products and services by email;
- Providing customer service and sending confirmations about your account;
- Protecting our intellectual property or other rights; and
- Managing and improving our business, our website, our apps, and our training.
We also reserve the right to use non-personal information (e.g., de-identified or aggregate data) for any purpose. For example, we show aggregate performance measures to users to allow them to evaluate their performance against other SmokingNoMore.info users. We may disclose performance statistics to university collaborators to evaluate, study, and improve the effectiveness of our programs or human cognition more generally. In these situations, all data is disclosed either in aggregate form or with information that can identify you removed. In addition, when we work with university collaborators, we contractually prohibit them from attempting to re-identify individuals from data that has been de-identified.
3. No Disclosure to Third Parties for Their Own Marketing PurposesWe believe in protecting your privacy, and therefore do not provide your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes.
4. When We Share Your Personal Information with Third PartiesWe may share your personal information in the following ways:
- Affiliates. We may share your information with our corporate affiliates, such as entities under common ownership or control.
- Compliance with law and law enforcement requests, and protection of our rights. We may disclose your information when we have a good faith belief we are required to do so by law, or in response to a subpoena, court order, or other legal mechanism. We may also disclose your information when we have a good faith belief that disclosure may prevent fraud and abuse of SmokingNoMore.info or its users or protect our property rights.
- Consent. We may disclose your information when we believe we have your consent to do so, such as when you contact customer service and ask us about your account, or when we have the consent of someone we believe is authorized to consent on behalf of you, such as the individual associated with the payment method for your account. If you have expressly agreed to participate in a research study with us or with a third party that incorporates your personal information collected by SmokingNoMore.info, we also may disclose your information for the purpose of facilitating the research to which you have consented.